How can security leaders make the most of their first year in a new role?
With cyber security rising up the agenda, the pressure is on to make an impact fast when starting a new leadership role. It can be difficult to balance the business’ concerns with your own personal goals, especially when building relationships from scratch.
Company85 Dinner Debates provide an opportunity for security leaders to hear the experiences of their peers and discuss their current challenges in a safe and congenial environment. Come prepared to share: bring along your tips and your trials, and benefit from the power of collective wisdom.
Themes for discussion will include:
- What were your priorities when you started the role and how did you ensure they advance the priorities of the business?
- What tactics did you use to quickly understand the current maturity of your new organisation?
- How do you balance fixing immediate problems and making strategic improvements? Were there ‘quick wins’ you used to rapidly gain credibility?
- What tactics did you use to build internal and external relationships quickly?
- To what extent was security and your role understood by the business when you joined, and how did you educate them?